Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hello China!

We've crossed the Ocean!!!! Hello China!!!


For my friends reading this in the States we're now living in your tomorrow. Our team commented that we never really had a Tuesday because we boarded the plane late Monday night and arrived here Wednesday morning. I'm grateful for the smooth flights. I think I was able to sleep off and on for maybe 4-5 hours (so that's better than nothing)! My motion sickness only started to kick in right at the end of the long flight. 


It's been fun getting to know our teammates. Trying my best to learn everyone's names. It was interesting to watch the journey yesterday and see how by the time we all reached Los Angles we were just glad to be there. There seemed to be a great peace about just sitting together even though we were all almost too worn out for discussions. 


I don't feel like everything has sunk in for me. Maybe by the time we step out of the airport in Beijing it'll hit home! This week is going to be interesting! Some of my Chinese language skills are coming back, so that's great! Hoping the adjustment process goes well and that I am am able to learn more about being an effective teacher!


No comments:

Post a Comment