To offer a few snapshots from the 'To Do' list:
- Finish up lingering paperwork (who knew it would be so difficult to set up power of attorney)
- Say 'Hasta luego!' and 'Zai Chen!" to friends (I wish I could personally meet with everyone, but it doesn't seem possible.)
- Pack (ugh....... If you know me you know packing and unpacking are some of my least favorite adventures. Who's idea was it to plan a road-trip that requires strategic packing?)
- Coursework (You mean we have to take classes to be teachers? Yes, yes you do! Down to 23 days to finish reading these books, articles and textbooks then write papers about what I've read and learned. To answer the question of why all this at the last minute, I have been working on these for over a month. It is different to take classes where it essential for me to learn the content to survive versus some courses I've taken that were interesting concepts, but the need to apply the material in every-day life was not as pressing.
- Concert planning (I'm excited for Friday to come! I am so grateful for all the people who are contributing to this event. I can't wait to hear how Papa has touched our lives through relationships with some friends from across the pond and outside our comfort zones. If you're in Topeka, please come, join us at 7:00 pm, Friday, June 22nd at Central Park Christian Church. We're having a concert, speakers, cookies, some sweet China art work and it'll be one of my last times to see many people.
No comments:
Post a Comment